Senior Staff Accountant (Cash Accounting)Finance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Senior Accountant shall be responsible for assisting Accounting Management in monthly close duties, analysis, and the production of company financial information.
- Performs extensive monthly close duties and accounting entries
- Posts accruals monthly, quarterly, and yearly
- Reconciles and reviews general ledger accounts and preparation of correcting entries
- Prepares monthly account analysis
- Prepares various management reports
- Assists in production of the monthly financial statements
- Provides support to external and internal auditors, as needed
- Communicates with and provides information for accounting department of parent companies (SHUSA and Banco Santander)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Four (4) to six (6) years prior accounting experience at a staff level; previous public accounting experience desired
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Flexibility with strong time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines and carry out multiple priorities
- Organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.