Sr. Supplier Oversight AnalystOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
Santander Consumer USA’s Supplier Oversight (Third Party Risk Management – First Line of Defense) program has the main purpose of properly assessing the risks of potential vendors. . The Supplier Oversight area is responsible for working with Business Relationship Managers and business partners to identify and assess the initial inherent risks of vendors and to ensure that appropriate risk assessments are completed, the contract and ancillary risk assessment documents are appropriate per the Regulatory guidance. Are responsible for assistance in the review of vendor controls to determine residual risk to our company, through initial and ongoing due diligence measures.
This role is expected to be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, under the direction and support of the Manager, Supplier Oversight.
- Collaborates with business (vendor) relationship managers and business owners to request necessary and appropriate due diligence documentation for all New Vendor relationships based on services being provided. Will also ensure that the appropriate risk assessments have been completed, and are responsible for quality control and assurance and/or credible challenges of those assessments.
- Works directly with business to coordinate due diligence efforts on all critical vendors
- Performs appropriate and timely follow up of outstanding due diligence items for all new and existing vendor relationships.
- Performs appropriate assessments of due diligence documentation for all new and existing vendor relationships as outlined by policy.
- Works with the vendor to facilitate the completion of the IT Security Questionnaire and forward to appropriate IT Security approver for review.
- Coordinates with IT Security regarding the review and approval of IT Security Questionnaire.
- Coordinates the review and proper execution of all contracts and ancillary documents required of Business (vendor) relationship managers and Legal, and evidence of Legal approval and other assessments are stored in the appropriate repository.
- Documents and communicates approvals and vendor terminations according to Policy. Follows departmental processes, and provides assistance with creating training materials for the Business (vendor) Relationship Managers, provides training for the business areas and other departments that manage vendor relationships. Act as the point of contact for questions from the business areas related to vendor management and the Regulatory guidance.
- Develops strong relationships with business (vendor) relationship managers to ensure visibility to and understanding of key vendor risk areas.
- Addresses reported risk events, potential risk areas, and ensure these are appropriately mitigated, and the mitigation and//or remediation plans are adequate and stored in the appropriate repository
- Performs initial risk review assessment on new vendor relationships based on services provided and potential risk areas identified.
- Performs annual risk assessment and control assurance activity for existing vendor relationships as per policy. Provides guidance to business (vendor) relationship managers on risks and controls gaps and document results according to Supplier Oversight Policy and Procedures.
- Ensures the timely update and maintenance of all vendor information and documentation, process documentation, job aids and training materials in appropriate departmental respository according to the policy.
- Performs quality assurance assessments and credible challenges as it relates to the new vendor approval process according to policy and standard.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in one or more of the following: Auto Finance, Risk management, business continuity, operational or vendor risk with strong understanding of Vendor Risk Management in a financial services company.
- Must have experience in a national, performance-driven organization.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments including but limited to: country risk assessments, credit spreads and assessments, and reputational risk assessments
- Experience in operational risk
- Good understanding of the finance industry’s regulatory requirements for the managing of third parties (FFIEC, Fed, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with business partners
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to manage issues through to resolution
- Ability to successfully multitask and complete difficult assignments within deadlines which may have short lead times
- Strong team building, relationship management, and project management.
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills. Ability to easily manipulate and analyze a broad range data.
- Demonstrable professional integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit/review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.