Senior Tax Analyst (state and local indirect tax)Finance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Tax Analyst will be responsible for preparation and/or review of state and local indirect tax returns, supporting documentation and other reports, as well as preparation and/or review of inputs used to determine tax liabilities. The Senior Tax Analyst will also analyze and research relevant tax issues.
- Prepares and/or reviews tax return supporting documentation
- Analyzes financial statement and other source data for potential tax adjustments
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Monitors statutes, legislative activity and tax publications to stay abreast of changes in laws
- Researches and documents the statutes and ordinances imposing sales, use and other special taxes
- Maintains data of tax liabilities, credits, and exemptions by state (as well as internationally where applicable)
- Prepares and maintains monthly tax reconciliations as assigned
- Ensures appropriate identification and calculation of taxes paid and withheld
- Resolves customer inquiries as needed
- Ensures accurate customer billings and adjustments
- Prepares returns for various states as applicable
- Interfaces with external taxing authorities and other parties as deemed necessary
- Assists in resolving complex tax issues
- Provides guidance to other departments/groups regarding tax processes and rules
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Tax, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA or MBA Preferred
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant tax experience
- Proficient in basic PC applications (Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook / PowerPoint)
- Strong communication, research, and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.