Summary of Responsibilities:
- The State Compliance Analyst is responsible for assisting the State Examinations Manager in SC’s state examinations. This State Compliance Analyst works with the State Examinations Manager and business operations to gather information for state examination inquiries. The State Compliance Analyst will work both independently and also in conjunction with other members of consumer compliance and business management. The State Compliance Analyst is also responsible for working with compliance and business operations so as to ensure that the business’ corrective action plans (which are instituted as business’ responses to various state examinations) are acted upon by the business owners and monitored by the state examinations team.
- Assesses regulatory risk and advises on regulatory compliance to business units through established meetings.
- Gathers and supplies all required documentation for state examinations to state officials.
- Participates in various conferences, seminars and other program activities to provide current regulatory perspectives to the Compliance Department.
- Assists with developing recommendations and corrective actions with state examinations for the business units.
- Responsible for staying abreast of state regulatory issues and developments, evaluating impact on applicable exam, collaborating with Consumer Compliance leadership on implementation and risk mitigation efforts
- Performs and/or assists in reviewing and editing work prepared by others for content, clarity and accuracy.
- Demonstrates balanced, well- reasoned judgment in decision making and is able to effectively communicate with management and directors during the pre-work audit process and onsite examinations.
- Identifies and report a all significant regulatory compliance breaches or gaps, identified during the pre-audit/state examination.
- Develops supplemental compliance training materials as needed for new and existing items.
- Demonstrates and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to auto finance.
- Works with business units to ensure accurate and timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Special projects as requested including internal investigations and consultancy work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year bachelor degree from an accredited university; a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Compliance and or regulatory experience with a minimum of four (4) to six (6) years working in a role/department in legal, compliance, accounting, examination or audit, preferably within auto finance or within subsidiary of Banco Santander.
- Experience in business process analysis a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (MS Office, VISIO).
- Organizational and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in meeting established deadlines.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects and under tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of knowledge.
- Solid understanding of business practices.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.