Strategic Operations Risk and Control Self Assessment Analyst IVBusiness Control Office Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
Support the Director, Strategic Operations, in ensuring that the 1st Line of Defense (“FLOD”) internal control environment is effectively managed.
The Strategic Operations Governance group represents Santander Consumer USA Inc. (“SC”) in providing guidance regarding industry best practice and adherence to internal policy to promote an effective internal control environment. The Strategic Operations Risk and Control Self-Assessment Analyst IV is responsible for providing effective challenge and guidance to the 1st Line of Defense to ensure SC is complaint in all functions. This is conducted through the Risk Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) program, working with the Lines of Business (“LoB”) to appropriately identify, assess, control, monitor, manage, test, report, remediate and train for continuous improvement and to promote an effective internal control environment and culture of risk and compliance.
- Support the strategic plan and culture of risk and compliance through the enhancement and execution of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) program.
- Proactively identify, assess, manage, monitor, remediate, train and report inconsistencies, redundancies and control deficiencies through execution of the RCSA Program.
- Advanced understanding of inherent risk, residual risk and with the ability to test internal control design and execution effectiveness for assigned higher risk areas.
- Ability to conduct and lead Risk Control Self-Assessment Workshops with the 1st Line of Defense to identify opportunities for improvement and mitigate the associated risk.
- Assist with the collection, review and assimilation of RCSA assessment data and reporting into concise and meaningful reports for SC Senior/Executive Management and the Board of Directors.
- Identify areas of improvement in existing process, methodology, and policies and recommend enhancements.
- Stay abreast of industry emerging trends pertinent to SC to facilitate a more proactive approach to risk identification and mitigation.
- Raise awareness within SC of the importance to embed compliance and risk culture within the 1st Line of Defense.
- Provide ongoing feedback and support to the 1st Line of Defense to strengthen the company’s internal control environment. Provide recommendations and effective challenge for existing and proposed process, procedure and internal controls.
- Respond to required corrective action potential issues from internal or external audits in a timely and concise manner regarding the Risk Control Self-Assessment process within the Strategic Operations Governance organization.
- Responsible for the successful completion of all mandatory corporate training programs within set timeframes provided on a quarterly basis.
- Identify, escalate and resolve risk and control gaps in processes, procedures, and policies as needed.
- Maintain ongoing positive relationships with management throughout the organization. Ability to interact with Executive and Senior Management to facilitate the accomplishment of company goals.
- Complete reviews/projects and additional work within specified timescales and in line with departmental standards.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Deal effectively with complex and sensitive issues raised.
- Adhere to applicable organizational policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field or similar focus required.
- Seven (7) to nine (9) years audit, compliance, risk management or similar experience in financial service industry required.
- Professional certification preferred but not required (CRCM, CIA, CCSA)
- Preferred but not required experience with regulatory requirements including UDAAP, GLBA, Identity Theft, Credit CARD Act, Reg M, FCRA, FACTA, ECOA (Reg B), TILA, FTC Credit rules, Fair Lending, BSA / AML and OFAC.
- Proficiency with Visio, spreadsheets and standard computing applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Dedication to information integrity and accurate reporting
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and approach complicated issues.
- Good verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.