Strategy and Profitability AnalystFull-Time Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities: Assist the Strategy group in the analysis of origination and portfolio statistics and the development of proactive strategies that maximize return and volume while mitigating risk exposure.
- Uses a variety of methods to calculate the profitability of various business segments and to run scenarios analyzing the tradeoffs between risk and return.
- Produces weekly, monthly reporting on profitability for senior management and summarizes findings in a clear, concise and convincing manner.
- Analyzes the tradeoff between pricing and volume and how this relationship impacts overall profits and corporate strategies.
- Analyzes origination and portfolio statistics to identify pockets of risk or opportunity and develops proactive strategies that assist in mitigating risk exposure or exploiting profit potential.
- Assists in planning the pricing, credit mix and return objectives by market for future originations.
- May be focused on assessment of a specific line of business or specialize into a variety of analytical paths including but not limited to operations support and solutions development.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Math, Economics or Business or relevant experience.
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of experience in pricing and analytics preferred.
- Familiar financial services industry preferably automobile based preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and/or data mining tools such as Access, SQL, or SAS.
- Ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities and high demands.
- Open to new ideas, creative and hard working.
- Energetic and self motivated with excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact collaboratively with internal customers.
- Work experience preparing materials in a federally regulated institution
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as function within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.