SVP Enterprise Risk ManagementRisk Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Santander Consumer USA (SC) Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program provides oversight for the risk management areas within SC; establishes the framework for risk management activities and drives consistency and standards across the organization. The program supports implementation of ERM activities throughout the organization. This position will identify operational and financial risks, assess enterprise effectiveness in managing these risks through appropriate internal controls, and build awareness of risk, business implications of risk, and how to manage risk as part of the leadership culture. This role will be expected to fully understand the business and evaluate, improve, monitor, and assist in reporting to the Board and Board Committees and provide leadership in the effectiveness of risk management controls, systems, and processes across the organization. The position will report to the CCRO and will be responsible for providing assurance that areas are consistently applying risk policies, standards and procedures for enterprise-wide risk issues, and ensuring adherence to the related frameworks.
- Responsible for the application and development of the SC ERM function, with specific responsibility for assessing, monitoring and improving the Company credit risk management capabilities and function.
- Driving the adoption, implementation and maintenance of the SC ERM framework and appetite that supports SC in its business and risk governance strategies, policy framework and standards, as well as ensuring compliance with regulation.
- Proactively identifying, tracking and analyzing risk issues within SC.
- Performing detailed analysis of the ERM metrics to identify trends, emerging issues, and ensuring timely communication of analysis and any potential issues impacting SC’s activities.
- Conducting root cause analysis of operational losses over risk appetite, identifying control gaps and coordinating appropriate remedial actions, and analyzing and responding to audit and regulatory examination findings.
- Working and partnering with departmental business risk managers, business leads and other stakeholders to create a culture of strong enterprise risk management and aide in ensuring the appropriate mitigation procedures and resolution strategies cross-functionally to build and maintain an effective management of the ERM framework.
- Developing key ERM reports that are used to support the goals of the ERM agenda and aggregating ERM metrics.
- Working closely with SC risk policy, reporting and assurance functions to analyze internal data to identify trends and determine assurance enhancements or policy changes.
- Representing team interests at internal meetings, committees and working groups and external functions as needed, including coordinating &/or contributing to SC reporting to external parties
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Required. Related certifications (CFA or similar) is a plus
- Fifteen (15) + years’ experience working in Risk Management within banking/financial services, with working knowledge of consumer and commercial banking products, including experience in deal underwriting and structuring. In-depth knowledge of the auto finance sector would be a distinct advantage.
- Five (5) years or more management experience, managing teams responsible for a range of risk management activities
- Excellent understanding of banking/financial services regulatory requirements and current regulatory developments. Knowledge of Basel II credit risk requirements a plus.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to request and/or collect relevant information, identify potential exposures/gaps, summarize conclusions, construct recommendations, present recommendations, collaborate on the design/testing/implementation of controls, and evaluate control results.
- Experience in, and ability to, execute an enterprise-wide risk reporting program and effectively communicate and drive change
- Ability to analyze risk metrics and translate into predictive data and action plans that anticipate and mitigate risk exposure
- Advanced skills in creating high-impact presentations for all audiences (senior management, regulators, training, etc.) including the ability to represent content concisely and through charts and graphics for enhanced visual impact
- Masterful competence of MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential
- Influencing skills and ability to drive initiatives to completion Strong leadership/managerial skills
- Must be an articulate and effective communicator with a proactive and no surprise approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines
- Proven ability to build network quickly, influence others, and effectively address audiences of all levels.
- . Ability to work closely and build trust with senior management
- Extended work hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role