Summary of Responsibilities:
The SVP Regulatory Exams is responsible for overseeing all Federal exams and establish a uniform process across the Company for regulatory activities. The SVP Regulatory Exams will act as the principal liaison between the Company and its federal regulators. The SVP Regulatory Exams, as primary point of contact with the Company’s regulators, will report to the Company’s General Counsel and SHUSA’s Regulatory Relations Officer and is responsible for overseeing all of the Company’s federal regulatory activities.
- Develop and establish an effective regulatory exam management process to oversee all state and regulatory exams
- Interfaces with applicable regulatory agencies (CFPB, FRB, FDIC, etc)
- Participate and represent the Company in formal and informal regulatory meetings
- Responsible for interacting with exams by federal and state examiners and regulators, including settlements, exam responses, hearing requests and essential compliance/policy changes to ensure such compliance is properly instituted so as to minimize future exceptions.
- Provides support and guidance to the business in preparation for, during, and after examinations
- Manage and facilitate the examination process, including delivery of material, scheduling and facilitating of meetings.
- Strengthen internal communication between Regulatory Relations team and the business units and support services to promote a culture of transparency.
- Advises the Company’s General Counsel, SHUSA’s Regulatory Relations Officer and other key stakeholders on likely outcomes of exams and keep abreast of all information that is being delivered to the regulators.
- Assists in development of supervisory recommendation responses.
- Supports the timely and successful remediation of identified regulatory issues.
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate tracking and reporting on regulatory issue remediation status.
- Directs the timely and accurate tracking and reporting on issue remediation status.
- Escalates issues to Senior Management and other stakeholders and relevant governance committees, as appropriate.
- Assists in formalizing a sustainable and repeatable process to risk assess, monitor and track regulatory applicability to drive audit and monitoring coverage and clearly identify gaps.
- Develops a tracking mechanism and ensure timely and appropriate responses to regulator requests and responses to MR(I)As and Enforcement Actions.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered too and updated regularly
- Responsible for staying abreast of regulatory issues and developments, evaluating impact on the company and, as appropriate, applicable exam.
- Monitor federal regulatory developments through various methods to provide up to date knowledge and expertise on environment relevant to regulatory exams
- Lead ad-hoc projects and provide appropriate guidance to team members
- Provides leadership and specialist knowledge to business teams on regulatory matters to ensure a culture of compliance and partnership.
- Leads continued development and initiatives for a robust, cohesive regulatory management program.
- Manage and maintain a central regulatory examination file containing all material Regulatory Communications.
- Provides effective people management, including training and development, to ensure retention, nurturing and continuing professional development of our talent.
- Provides continuous motivation and development of the team, including setting adequate and measurable goals / objective setting to aide staff development with ongoing review.
- Oversees SCUSA’s adherence to applicable financial services legislation and regulations, codes of best practice and Santander US Policies
- Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team and train others on regulatory requirements.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with business related focus required.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ of bank compliance, internal audit, or regulatory agency experience. At least five (5) years’ of the previous work experience should be with a federal or state regulatory agency, and/or public accounting firm.
- Regulatory certifications preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
- Highly developed leadership skills and ability to manage sensitive relationships
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Responsible for managing a team in a positive and constructive manner, encouraging and motivating others, providing guidance where necessary.
- High ethical standards.
- Broad-based knowledge of financial services operations and controls.
- Superior leadership and organizational skills.
- Highly consultative and continually strives to improve services.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, project management and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects and under tight deadlines and demonstrated proficiency in meeting established deadlines.
- Solid proficiency in basic computer applications (MS Office).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Leading and mentoring all direct reports is required
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.