Tax AnalystFinance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Tax Analyst I will be responsible for the sales and use tax compliance function.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns for all states in a timely manner
- Assist with sales and use tax system implementation
- Review expenses and fixed assets items for use tax liability
- Review sales tax collected and remitted for accuracy
- Prepare reconciliation of sales tax general ledger accounts
- Verify and maintain exemption certificates
- Create and maintain electronic and paper filing system for tax returns
- Resolve daily tax questions and issues for various departments
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years of sales and use tax experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient in Excel, accounting general ledger systems, and tax research software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.