UX ResearcherMarketing Dallas, Texas
The User Experience Researcher will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing for the company’s products and services, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing. A successful User Experience Researcher must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
Essential Functions –
- Provide consultation and guidance to determine which methodologies are most effective for desired outcome
- Present findings with strong storytelling abilities
- Design studies with measurable outcomes
- Identify deficiencies and opportunities in processes
- Collaborate with other researchers, designers, business team and developers to resolve usability issues and identify strategic business opportunities
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative user research including lab and remote usability studies, ethnographic research, survey creation and other methodologies
- Proactively identify usability issues by selecting best methodology, Compile and analyze data, and present actionable recommendations to improve designs and derive business insights
- Keen eye for design and technology
- Manage multiple projects in fast-paced environment
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree preferred in human-computer interaction, cognitive science, psychology, sociology or related field.
- Minimum two (2) to four (4) years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research
Usability moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written).
Has experience engaging with project teams to determine needs and the best way to test for those needs, creating test plans, running tests (moderating), analyzing results, and compiling reports (PowerPoint, Word, and video). Experience with Morae preferred.
Skills & Abilities –
- Strong observational analysis skills to present research data simply and clearly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivator/flexible/team player
- Intermediate knowledge with UX tools such as Morae, Excel, SPSS, R or other statistical analysis tools is a plus
- Experience with techniques such as ethnographic research, cognitive walkthroughs, A/B testing, and heuristic evaluations
- Comfortable interfacing with designers, product managers, non-technical executives and users
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Passion for improving products, services, and technology for users
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.