Vice-President, Asset RemarketingOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Remarketing
Accountable for minimizing operational losses through successful remarketing of return assets. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director, Auction & Inventory Management is responsible for establishing, implementing and monitoring policy and procedures for department. The incumbent is responsible for the liquidation process for the lease maturities sold to dealers while ensuring company policies and procedures as well as State and Federal laws are followed.
- Determines strategy to provide the most efficient methods to maximize price obtained at dealer, upstream sale and auction.
- Establishes, implements and monitors policy and procedures for department.
- Reviews auction and upstream performance data and takes appropriate actions to maximize results (percentage of book values; percentage of loan balance; expenses incurred during liquidation).
- Oversees and monitors Arbitration Management and Dealer Servicing.
- Manages and monitors daily internal operations for productivity and compliance.
- Establishes and monitors vendor relationships throughout country.
- Monitors daily Lease Maturities.
- Provides leadership to managers and/or professional staff.
- Establishes and monitors contracts and insurance requirements.
- Ensures financial interests are served to company standards.
- Develops guidelines and manages resources to ensure within parameters.
- Develops plans and manages all department staff members.
- Provides training and motivation to team members, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and organizational priorities.
- Reviews Daily Report metrics and takes appropriate actions.
- Partnersclosely with Sales team to maximize lease vehicle purchases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience –
- 9-12 years Remarketing/Dealer Sales experience.
- Auto Finance industry experience.
- Management/Leadership experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Demonstrable management track record; with the ability to develop management and leadership skills in direct reports.
- Demonstrable sales success through prospecting and growing revenue in large accounts.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with others.
- Well organized, energetic and possess strong communication skills including prior experience reporting sales results to corporate offices.
- Motivated by achieving aggressive goals and in establishing long standing relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and selling skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with great closing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.