Vice President Consumer ComplianceCompliance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer in ensuring that effective compliance management and corporate governance practices are established and maintained. The VP Consumer Compliance represents Santander Consumer USA Inc. in ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance requirements and is responsible for managing a team of Compliance professionals. Areas include but not limited to Fair Lending, BSA / AML, UDAAP, GLBA, Identity Theft, FCRA, FACTA, ECOA (Reg B), TILA and FTC Credit rules.
- Supports the strategic plans of the business; this position is responsible for the Consumer Compliance function encompassing Regulatory Risk, Fair Lending, Financial Crime Prevention Compliance Audit teams to ensure that policies and processes are appropriate, competitive and consistent with Management’s risk appetite.
- Possesses deep knowledge of bank and non-bank financial institution related regulatory requirements, specifically related to consumer compliance regulations, and industry “best practices” for compliance programs in larger banking or consumer lending organizations.
- Leads positively in the management of relationships with regulators in all relevant jurisdictions, fostering an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Provides leadership and specialist knowledge to business teams on Compliance matters to ensure a culture of compliance and partnership.
- Leads continued development and initiatives for a robust, cohesive compliance program.
- Oversees SC’s adherence to applicable financial services legislation and regulations, codes of best practice and Santander Group Policies.
- Assimilates complex regulatory matters, and provide timely advice that leads to pragmatic, commercially viable solutions.
- Responsible for timely delivery of compliance audits as defined by a robust risk assessment and prioritization of activities.
- Establishes policies and procedures for the Compliance audit methodology.
- Coordinate central repository for artifacts during audit process as well as regulatory exams.
- Manages and leads all aspects of compliance audit activities.
- Assists in formalizing a sustainable and repeatable process to risk assess, monitor and track regulatory applicability to drive audit and monitoring coverage and clearly identify gaps
- Assists in drafting of new and/or revised policies and procedures
- Ensures that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Provides effective people management, including training and development, to ensure retention, nurturing and continuing professional development of our talent.
- Provides continuous motivation and development of the team, including objective setting, appraisals and training to drive performance management.
- Familiarity with third party software available to support compliance programs.
- Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team and train others on regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in financial services compliance required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of management experience required.
- Prior experience in corporate environment dealing with regulators, auditors and legal counsel is required.
- Strong foundation and business experience of regulations including Fair Lending, AML, UDAAP, Reg. B, RCRA, BSA/AML and TILA as well as Federal regulations.
- Ability to act proactively to ensure Compliance risk management is up-to-date and meets the needs of our business.
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Superior leadership and organizational skills.
- High ethical standards.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.