Vice President, Marketing TechnologyMarketing Dallas, Texas
Santander Consumer USA is striving to provide a Simple, Personal and Fair experience for our automotive finance customers and franchise dealers across each of our technologies. The marketing organization is looking for a key leader in MarTech to help our customers and businesses prosper, leveraging digital, marketing disciplines and creative design to deepen brand affinity and grow our business.
The Vice President of Marketing Technology serves as owner of the marketing technology stack. Creating and implementing a strategic vision for expanding our digital channels, finding technology efficiencies and leading in the development of marketing automation, web application and mobile deliverables. Santander is looking for a technology leader with proven experience onboarding new technologies and a desire to invest in his/her staff providing thought-leadership, digital innovation, and development and delivery best-practices. Lead verticals such as analytics, automated marketing, email, PPC, search, SMS, social media and web application development ensuring corporate alignment and modernization of existing digital systems.
The right candidate should have mentorship and leadership experience directing teams of digital marketers and front-end developers; creating efficient coding and delivery processes, and should embrace Santander’s corporate values, accountability and collaboration. Candidate should also have a passion for user experience and customer-centric design thinking. Prior experience and proven success required in the delivery of solutions in one of the following areas – Digital Marketing software, Marketing Technology software like CRM, Campaign Management tools, etc.
- Full accountability for the strategic design, development and optimization of the Marketing Technology stack
- Accountable for the development, performance and maintenance of company customer- and dealer-facing digital platforms
- Partner with information technology, information security and program management to maintain technology and release standards
- Manage multiple marketing and digital teams – automated marketing, digital marketing and web application development
- Measure, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of current marketing technologies making recommendations for enhancements, efficiencies and identifying technology gaps
- Accountable to the Senior Vice President of Marketing for technical solutioning and software development planning
- Work with executive leadership, the head of digital and information technology to create and execute our corporate digital strategy
- Stay up-to-date in MarTech and digital innovation identifying key opportunities that align with SC’s digital strategy. Study creative, digital and financial industries to stay abreast of changes and trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 9-12 years of Digital Marketing experience
- 7-9 years of experience managing automated marketing, digital marketing teams and/or development teams
- 3-4 years of experience in delivering solutions through the software development lifecycle in one or more of the following areas – digital marketing, marketing automation (Adobe Marketing Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud), CRM, marketing campaign management (Adobe Campaign, Oracle Responsys)
- 2-3 years of experience in solution design with proven strategic planning and execution
- 2-3 years of experience with SQL and data analysis
- 2-3 years of experience in API integrations (both producer/consumer), responsive design, web accessibility and progressive enhancement
- 2-3 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience designing and developing progressive web applications
- Experience attracting, developing and retaining highly sought after digital talent for our design-driven, customer-centric Marketing Technology group
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Solid strategic, analytical, organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization and agency partners
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly collaborative
- Extensive use of the Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Extensive use of Sprinklr
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques
- Extensive use of PHP, WordPress custom theme development, WordPress custom plugin development, WordPress custom API development
- Extensive understanding of omni-channel customer journeys and personalization
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.