Vice-President, TaxFinance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Vice President of Tax is responsible for managing the corporate tax function including ensuring compliance with federal, state and local income, franchise, sales and property tax regulations and reporting, as well as ensuring proper US GAAP recording of tax provision.
- Manage the preparation and filing of federal, state and local tax returns, estimates, and extensions
- Prepare the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures
- Coordinate financial statement and tax jurisdiction audits
- Select, and manage relationship with, external tax services providers
- Work closely with parent company and other related parties in coordinating the exchange of information and data, including proper compliance with applicable tax sharing agreements
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to minimize tax payments and ensure recognition of all available deductions, such as capital losses
- Direct research and strategic planning efforts related to tax issues; provide tax planning advice related to contract terms and/or conditions to mitigate adverse tax consequences in connection with future activities
- Monitor the Company’s transfer pricing policies and related documentation, including coordination of annual transfer pricing study
- Research new and proposed legislative changes that may impact the Company’s tax positions
- Work with others in the business, including Originations, Servicing, and IT, to ensure customer-related taxes are billed and collected properly
- Prepare and present reports to executive management on tax matters
- Maintain complete and up-to-date policies and procedures governing the tax function
- Implement, document and maintain appropriate internal controls over the tax function
- Research tax issues related to acquisitions, restructuring, and/or tax audits
- Manage a team of tax professionals, including a team of income tax specialists and a team of sales and property tax specialists
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- Minimum of ten (10) years Tax experience
- Financial Services and Big Four experience required
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of previous management experience required
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Proficiency in US GAAP guidance on accounting for income taxes
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to develop and manage an efficient department
- Ability to lead, manage, develop, and motivate a team of staff members
- Time management skills with strong attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate office role
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.