Video Producer/EditorMarketing Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Digital Media Designer III assists in the creation of digital content for various video/digital projects for the marketing team. The Digital Media Designer III reports to the Digital Media Director and will work on a range of projects including internal and external videos, brand commercials, and other video executions. This position is also responsible at times for performing the functions of producer and works closely with writers, graphic designers, and business owners executing program design with a high degree of ownership and responsibility.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a self-starter that is able to create informational and engaging video content- taking a project from conception to completion.
- Is comfortable with all levels of multimedia/video production including: storyboarding, filming, lighting, editing, visual design principles (typography, composition, color, etc.), post-production, color grading, video compression, file size optimization for various formats, and is also able to deftly manage feedback from multiple stakeholders along the way while meeting deadlines.
- Has a proven track record in corporate or agency video production, producing, and taking a project from ideation, pre production, and post production.
- Possesses creative flair, versatility, knowledge of current trends in design and video,
and is willing to go beyond a job description and jump in where needed.
- Produce, set up interview looks, light, film, and edit video that can either stand-alone or be incorporated with other video/ motion graphics animation mediums.
- Non-linear editing of video segments covering a wide variety of topics.
- Collaborate with creative director, director digital media, motion and web designers, and other digital media team members in the process of developing creative storylines and executing video ideas.
- Storyboarding ideas as part of creative development before motion graphics production begins while ensuring project adheres to specifications of script and brand guidelines.
- Encodes final video projects to web ready specs and works with the web team to upload files to the proper places online.
- Proper archiving of project once all deliverables have been created.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to carry equipment weighing more than 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
- May be required to transport and assemble video and audio equipment on location.
- BS or BA in digital arts, RTVF, graphic design, video production, or relevant work experience/ related field.
- 5-7 years of concept-to-completion professional video experience in a broadcast or corporate video production and communication environment, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Must be proficient in an HD/SDI, non-linear, file-based, shared-storage editing environment.
- High level of experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Premier Pro, Media Encoder, Photoshop, and various video compression technologies.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in visual storytelling as well as a strong understanding of how to merge script and story with design.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (30) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.