Summary of Responsibilities:
Manage the company’s Decision Management team that conducts consumer risk analytics to develop credit decision and price optimization strategies for profitable growth of loan and lease originations.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize credit decision to align with risk-reward tradeoff while providing a competitive product offering in the marketplace
- Develops sound and robust credit policies, decision parameters and pricing rules as part of the underwriting process.
- Analyze traditional and non-traditional credit bureau data to enhance credit decision strategies to maximize profitability while mitigating credit risk
- Evaluate alternative data providers to identify newer approaches of handling thin files, missing FICO and other segments. Conduct cost/benefit analysis and develop appropriate business case
- Develop and manage the price optimization framework that integrates ROA, price elasticity models, and other business constraints (RAS metrics) into one holistic analytical platform
- Provides ad-hoc research, analysis, and presentations for inquiries on all Loan Portfolios
- Ensures clear communication with applicable stakeholders to explain strategy and tracks outstanding items requiring resolution
- Works closely with DS groups, Credit Risk Management, IT, Finance, Treasury and Originations Operations
- Develops staff throughout the group in accordance with company goals.
- Develops team members by providing feedback on strength and growth areas, providing an environment that supports learning and development, and regularly discussing progress towards goals with direct reports.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Provides leadership and direction through directors and/or managers and exempt staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or related quantitative field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ of progressively responsible experience in Credit Risk Analytics, Finance, or related field.
- Five (5) – seven (7) years of previous management experience.
- Ability to apply complex financial and statistical principles and display advanced quantitative and analytical abilities
- Proficiency in analytical methods and model development
- Strong knowledge of underwriting and collection practices
- Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and approach complicated issues
- Ability to translate analysis into a clear business plan
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong leadership skills with focus on staff development and mentorship
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- PhD degree preferred
- Work experience preparing materials in a federally regulated institution
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.