VP Solvency RiskRisk Dallas, Texas
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Santander Consumer Credit Risk Management program provides oversight and governance of credit risk exposure. The Vice President – ALL manages highly skilled team responsible for a broad range of SCUSA wide risk information, analysis, control and forecasting activities. This position is responsible for supervision of the and application of corporate standards and principles in risk analysis and reporting, The Vice President will work closely with regulators and auditors along with Finance, Treasury and line of business to ensure complete, consistent and accurate capture and reporting of risk information and principles
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing oversight to the line of business and supplementing activities of Portfolio Management, the Vice President will ensure independent quality control and assurance of originations and pricings decisions ensuring appropriate risk return levels
- Calculation, Reporting and Evidencing ALLL reserves under GAAP for all lines of business
- Ownership of a companywide ALLL/ACL methodology including policies, practices and processes.
- Responsible for maintenance of all artifacts/documentation related to ALLL process.
- Independent challenge to stress testing, with focus on residual value assumptions, credit performance forecasting, loss forecasting and ALLL analyses
- Responsible for analysis, control and reporting of risk tolerances measures and trends, including concentration limits
- Continually evaluate and enhance process workflows to implement best practices
- Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of credit risk management systems, policies and procedures
- Review the impacts of changes to credit risk systems and processes and provide assessment and recommendations
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Evaluate and assist in system and user acceptance plans including user testing
- Assists as needed in enterprise wide projects
- Assure clear, concise and objective reporting
- Identify and escalate issues and observations as they arise
- Oversight and ownership of implementation of analyses, processes, models and methodologies related to ALLL
- Calculation, Reporting and Evidencing ALLL reserves under IFRS/IFRS9 standards
- Development and ownership of SOX and operational controls
- Responsible for a comprehensive analysis of all qualitative factors increasing company’s risk as well as identification and quantification of those factors for ALLL purposes
- Responsible for mitigation and closing of audit and regulatory findings related to ALLL
- Maintain ongoing relationships with management throughout the organization and effectively manage and motivate the team
- Interact with Executive Management as well as leadership of all departments to facilitate the accomplishment of SCUSA goals
- Complete reviews/projects and additional work within specified timescales and in line with departmental standards
- Responsible for all aspects of the team member’s life cycle including, recruitment, performance management, development and coaching
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Deal effectively with complex and sensitive issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, graduated degree preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of previous management experience required. A minimum of 10 years’ experience within consumer or commercial banking risk management
- Three (3)+ years of Quality Control or Quality Assurance experience
- Knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles with focus on reserve adequacy, credit policy and lifecycle, applicable laws, Basel II/[III] capital and industry data sources
- Strong knowledge of all relevant regulatory and accounting guidance surrounding the forecasting, portfolio asset quality management, concentrations and limits
- Advanced understanding of credit risk concepts including Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure At Default (EAD) and vintage effects
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with regulators, internal and external auditors
- Extensive experience managing MIS/reporting, portfolio management and forecasting functions
- Understanding of software applications such as SQL, SAS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Knowledge of credit risk reporting structures (Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETLs), Risk Data Management, Risk Data Warehouse, data validation models etc.)
- Dedication to information integrity, accurate reporting and strict confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and approach complicated issues
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Possess superior organizational and leadership skills with focus on development and mentorship
- Ability to adapt to various work environments and project schedules
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel
- Strategic and tactical thinker [with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.